While trying to use Chromium on a Ubuntu 64-bit machine, I discovered I wasn’t able to browse to any web page. I always got the following error message:
This webpage is not available.
The webpage at http://www.google.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
More information on this error
Below is the original error message
Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): The server could not be found.
DNS name resolution was working properly, so it was something else. I searched for this error and most of the search results were about Chrome on Windows having problems with proxy or firewall configuration. But, who cares about Windows? So, after spending a little bit more, I found the following issue in the official Google Code web site.
In the end, it was just a matter of:
$ sudo apt-get install lib32nss-mdns
Why Chromium has a an explicit dependency on mDNS is something that still puzzles me out.
4 thoughts on “Chromium and ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED”
There are more comments on the bug now explaining why it happened.
my bdate is 06/10/1980 dd mm yy so please give me some details about my future
I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I am quite certain I’ll learn plenty of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!
I am impressed, I have to say. Very seldom do I discovered a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your post is important; the matter is something that not many people are speaking intelligently about. I’m very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to it.